Introducing the Enhanced BodyMedia SenseWear System
Products for Medical Professionals
BodyMedia, Inc. has launched a new SenseWear System including the SenseWear Armband,
the SenseWear Display device and the SenseWear Software 7.0.
- New smaller "mini" form factor
- Rechargeable battery
- Compatible with the SenseWear 7.0 Standard and Professional Software
- Optional Display device for use with the Armband (sold seperately)
SenseWear Software 7.0
- Compatible with the Pro3 Armband as well as the new SenseWear Armband
- Ability to run both SenseWear 7.0 and previous versions of the software at the same time
- Accepts previously purchased license keys for Professional access
- Includes metric measurements
What makes SenseWear so important to Medical Professionals:
Other BodyMedia Products
BodyMedia also manufactures products for the consumer market under the brand name BodyMedia FIT.
BodyMedia FIT is designed for use directly by the end consumer and works with an online Activity Manager. Click here to compare BodyMedia FIT and SenseWear.
If you would like more information about our BodyMedia FIT products, please click here.
Features and Benefits
The SenseWear Professional software application allows you to easily upload, analyze and share
data recorded with the SenseWear Armband.
- Easily Export Data: export all recorded raw signals and derived data to other data analysis packages such as Excel® or Matlab®, for research applications or further analysis.
- SenseWear PDF Report: quickly view and generate a PDF report including easy-to-read graphical presentations of your patients' lifestyles to share with them.
- Quickly Analyze Data: in only a few seconds, upload the data from the Armband to view on your computer. Select specific time periods or events from the recorded period, view the results, zoom in and out, and select information you want to view in a report.
Product features include:
- Total energy expenditure (kcal/min)
- Active energy expenditure (kcal/min)
- Total number of steps
- Physical activity levels and duration
- Sleep duration and efficiency
- Lying down time
- On/Off Body time
Ideal for a Variety of Clinical and Research Applications
Regular exercise and physical activity continue to be one of the key factors in preventing chronic
disease and promoting good health. Knowing how much activity and sleep your patients are getting can
be difficult to understand without an objective measurement. Furthermore,
physical activity is a good indicator of a person's overall mental and physical health and can change
in response to prescription medications or behavioral interventions.
The slim design of the Armband minimizes interference with the day-to-day activity of the patient.
Patients can comfortably wear the Armband while sleeping, exercising and simply going about their daily
routine. Designed with user-friendliness in mind, the Armband is easy to slip on and off. It turns on
automatically to eliminate any non-wear time which can be difficult to distinguish from periods of low
activity that accelerometers or pedometers have trouble detecting.
If you are interested in purchasing our product, please click here for a distributor near you.
Excel® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation
MATLAB® is a registered trademark of MathWorks, Inc.