Introducing the Enhanced BodyMedia SenseWear System
Products for Medical Professionals
The SenseWear system includes the SenseWear Armband, the SenseWear Display device, and the NEW SenseWear Software 8.0.
- The "mini" form factor
- Rechargeable battery
- Compatible with the SenseWear 8.0 Standard and Professional Software
- Optional Display device for use with the Armband (sold separately)
Introducing SenseWear Software 8.0. The new release includes increased accuracy in various activities, an updated user interface and enhanced reports.
NEW SenseWear Software 8.0 Features:
- Improved accuracy with energy expenditure algorithm, including:
- Ability to wear Armband on left or right arm
- Improved accuracy for calorie burn during road biking, elliptical, stair climbing, incline walking, cool down and sleep
- Reduced errors for children and teens (< 18 years old) and adults
- New summary of speed and distance for periods of walking and running
- Uses Physical Activity Level (PAL) to indicate a user’s daily physical activity as a number
- Body surface area (BSA) and WHO RMP displayed with subject parameters
- More comprehensive PDF reports including BSA, WHO, RMR, PAL and Sleep Efficiency
- Extended and searchable annotation list now with over 400 activities for labeling data
- Improved support for metric units (one decimal place precision)
- Automatic summary data export to Excel or .csv file format during upload
- Updated user interface
NEW SenseWear 8.0 Professional Features (available only with License Key):
- Sleep Classification: showing minutes of light, deep and very deep sleep
- Automatic Activity Classifications: showing time spent Resting, Driving, Walking, Running, Elliptical Training, Stationary Biking, Road Biking and Resistance Training
- Light Physical Activity Classification: adjustable category for 1.5 – 3.0 METs
- Automatic raw sensor data export to Excel or .csv file format during upload
- Added graphing features for sleep, speed, distance and activity classifications
- Compatible with previously purchased license keys
Armband and Software Compatibility:
SenseWear Pro 2
SenseWear Pro 3
SenseWear Mini MF-SW or WMS
* Data files may be compatible, but are not supported
Examples of Data Output and User Interface:
Features and Benefits
Ideal for a Variety of Clinical and Research Applications
Regular exercise and physical activity continue to be one of the key factors in preventing chronic
disease and promoting good health. Knowing how much activity and sleep your patients are getting can
be difficult to understand without an objective measurement. Furthermore,
physical activity is a good indicator of a person's overall mental and physical health and can change
in response to prescription medications or behavioral interventions.
The slim design of the Armband minimizes interference with the day-to-day activity of the patient.
Patients can comfortably wear the Armband while sleeping, exercising and simply going about their daily
routine. Designed with user-friendliness in mind, the Armband is easy to slip on and off. It turns on
automatically to eliminate any non-wear time which can be difficult to distinguish from periods of low
activity that accelerometers or pedometers have trouble detecting.
If you are interested in purchasing our product, please click here for a distributor near you.
Other BodyMedia Products
BodyMedia also manufactures products for the consumer market under the brand name BodyMedia FIT.
BodyMedia FIT is designed for use directly by the end consumer and works with an online Activity Manager. Click here to compare BodyMedia FIT and SenseWear.
If you would like more information about our BodyMedia FIT products, please click here.
Excel® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation
MATLAB® is a registered trademark of MathWorks, Inc.