How it Works
The SenseWear Armband has multiple sensors. These innovative sensors take
different "views" of your patient's life.
What We Monitor:
- Motion: The Armband contains an accelerometer, a device that measures motion.
- Steps: The Armband counts your steps, using the accelerometer to measure the distinct patterns created by walking and/or running.
- Galvanic Skin Response: This measures the electrical conductivity of the skin, which changes in response to sweat and emotional stimuli.
- Skin Temperature: A sensitive electronic thermometer measures the temperature of the skin.
- Heat Flux: Measures the amount of heat dissipating from the body.
The SenseWear Armband Makes it Easy to Collect Free-Living Lifestyle Data from Your Patients
Simply give your patients an Armband to wear during their monitoring period. The Armband
will hold up to 28 days of continuous data which you can download and analyze using SenseWear
or SenseWear Professional Software.
The SenseWear system bridges the gap between a clinician's advice and the ability of the patient
to understand, self-monitor, and ultimately adhere to these clinical recommendations.